Monday, May 18, 2009

Collage


PACIFICA COLLAGE
This collage was done in earth colours to delicately match the rug in the photo and the black lounge suites in the room. I carefully collected together assorted little hand woven traditional flax baskets, shells & smooth broken glass found on the beach in NZ. Delicate little sea egg shells. And the paua shell which really radiates off this art piece complimenting the silver on the wooden cross. Plus stained bamboo sticks and other little treasures to give it that really personal touch. Collectively the colours, shapes, forms, textures of these materials all worked out well to give the earthy modern Pacifica collage effect I imagined.


ORIENTAL COLLAGE
Found these photos of me on another day in spontaneous collage art mode. I had the colour red on my mind that day. I randomly selected various textures of plain & printed paper materials. Adding some gold foiling & gold paint here & there. And some paper money and metal coins.Completed these 4 collages look very oriental, modern, rich and expensive.

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing your creative works here, it's wonderful, your own personal gallery. I remember those oriental ones and the day we crafted these together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to have another artist like you for a friend. I can't wait to get together with you again and create something else.
    I mean hullo your famous your work is in the gallery.

    ReplyDelete